Monday, June 20, 2011

week ending 6.19.11

Hey everyone!
 
Well this week was a tough one for us, we worked hard but it didn't turn out like we wanted it to and then the weekend turned out to be a wet one. Oh man, I have gotten wetter before but it was a crazy one. So we were walking down a street trying to get to our house and we couldn't because there was a river in the street so we had to walk half way down the street to find a place to cross. Here in Chile when it rains - it rains - and the streets become rivers. Oh man, it's so cold here when that happens haha. Well more than that, I am doing good and fighting the blues from this cool rain but we are doing good.
 
My mom asked me to write more about my companion so here is a little more about him. He speaks almost no English, so I am speaking Spanish 24/7 with him. He is 21 years old and his birthday is the 30 of May. He has 10 months in the mission and is a hard worker. We laugh so much and work really good together. All the members of his family are members of the church. He comes from the South part of Bolivia, its called Tarija. He is really cool and I am glad to be with him.
 
The work this week went okay. We found 6 new people to teach 2 of them are a couple and they both are 20 years old and the girl was so interested and I am excited to keep teaching them. And our goal this week is to invite all the people that we have found and going to find to be baptized, so we can know what their doubts are and to see if they really want to learn and progress.
 
For me, I went to the doctor this last Friday and he told me that all is going well with my surgery and that I can start to work out again. haha. I am getting fat and we can't have that. So I am going to start working out really hard. haha. I just got over a cold and now I am feeling good. Well, I am happy and strong and ready to work! I love you all and thanks to all the people that wrote me this week. Have a good week all!
 
love,
Elder Christenesn
 
PS The family that's in the photo are members and we had a family home evening with them and I made them pancakes. They loved them haha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails