Monday, November 8, 2010

week ending 11.7.10

hiking on p-day
Hello Everyone,

Well, this last week was a good one - we had a lot of success with Alex a new guy that I was teaching.  Alex is doing good and he went to the Stake Conference.  He liked it and was really happy to be there with us and learn.
I got changed and now I am in a different sector. All the members on Sunday were really sad because they  found out that we were going to have changes - but we didn't know until 12:30am last night and after the call they told us that Elder Nielsen needed to be somewhere at 8am so I had to pack last night. I was packing from 12:30am to 3am and then after that we couldn't sleep much so we talked and we were talking about how much we are going to miss one another. After getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep we woke up at 6:20 am and that kicked my butt. haha. Well, my companion Elder Nielsen will be training now and I am in a city called Colina that is outside of the city  I am with Elder Jones.  Elder Jones is from Boise, Idaho and he is really cool and I am excited to work with him. So I am really happy and I am really excited to be in my new sector and the cool thing is that Elder Stark - my old companion - will be living in the same house as me. So it will be a fun time with him and stuff.
with Elder Jones

Something that I have learned is that we cannot be upset with what happens in life - because everything happens for a reason. The times when something happens and we don't know why - that's when we need to go do and fight. I learned this today seeing that I didn't want to leave my sector but I was called to come out here. There is a reason and I am going to go find out why, and I am going to complete with my purpose. So if anything happens to you - don't ask why is this happening to me - but what can I learn from this or what do I need to learn or what do I need to do. I know if you can do this it will change the way you look at things and life will become easier and the challenges won't be so hard.
I know that this church is true and the work that I am doing for the Lord is true. It's the most important work that I could ever do in my life - next to having a family. haha. I know that Jesus Christ lives and He restored this church to the earth through Joseph Smith.  Because of that, we can be baptized the way that Christ was baptized - the way that is valid in the eyes of God. I love you all and I hope that your week goes good for you!

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails