Monday, November 15, 2010

week ending 11.14.10

Hey everyone,

Well I have to say that I am loving my new sector because I am in the field again and it's so hot and I feel at home. But the only bad thing is that I have to ride a bike and my butt hurts so bad!  I never want to ride the bike again!  And on top of that it broke on me and I have to go get it fixed. But that's just me complaining - it really is great having a bike because we get around faster and we are still getting things done that I want to get done.  It's fun.

So living in a house with 4 missionaries is a more fun then I thought it was going to be.  I thought it was going to suck, but it's not that bad. This last week we got the crap kicked out of us. We had to do so many things and nothing was going the way I wanted it to go so I was getting a little upset.  But I learned this week that getting upset doesn't help anyone or anything. We just need to do our best to make the best of it and make sure we are being obedient.

There is a little town in my sector that is call "pueblo sin ley" (town without law) it's a pretty funny name.  We finely went there last night and I can see why they gave it that name - but its a good little town and I feel like we are going to have some success out there.

Something I learned today:  some one asked me why did God have to come down from heaven to call Joseph Smith to be a Prophet? So I started looking for scriptures and things in study guide and I found nothing.  And then I was in the bathroom (yes you can receive revelation in the bathroom) and I started to think of the Bible.  The Bible says that Christ and God are one and never says anything about the body of God. And everyone thinks that God and Christ are one. Well, when God come down to call Joseph Smith to be a Prophet it was showing the world that God has a body of flesh and bone and is a different person then Christ. And that comes from the 1st article of faith. Yes, I felt good after finding that out but it came from God - I was so pumped! haha. Just thought I would share that with you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me about anything, I love getting asked questions! haha.

Have a good week!  Love you all! Please pray that we can find some new people this week! thanks!

love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails