Monday, September 6, 2010

week ending 9.5.10

Hey everyone!
Well this week was a crazy one, every day felt like it went by really fast.  I would wake up and then the next thing I knew I was in my bed again going to sleep. The time is starting to go really fast and I am not liking it to much. If it stays like this I will be home before I know it and i will be happy,sad. haha. But we had a good week, 2 days I wasn't with Elder Nielsen.  We have changes for a day and its cool to get to know other missionaries, but every time Elder Nielsen and I would get back together we would through a small party, it's great.

One of the things that happened this week is that Cristian turned 28 so we had a BBQ for lunch with him and his family. All the photos that I sent to you guys was at the BBQ.  The one with me is the Pot leaves that they have in their house.  They aren't going to use them but I was going to put a card saying break in case of emergencies, but I was lazy. 
haha. They got CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo. Now we are on the road to a eternal family - so happy for them!  They are doing good and making friends in the ward so we are really happy with what is going on and how everything is working out with them. So keep putting them in your prayers so they can make it to the temple in one year!

With Leti and Guillermina, they are doing great and going to church.  The only thing is that Guillermina doesn't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.  We found out why and its because she doesn't want to get baptized if she gets an answer. But we helped her see that it's really important that she gets baptized so she is going to pray again to see if Joseph Smith was a Prophet. So please put her in your prayers that she can get an answer from God. thanks.
So I had a question and I learned something this week...
•Why was it important that Christ had to bleed his own blood?
(to let you know I studied this in Spanish so I am translating from Spanish into English so lets hope it works. haha)
 Matt 26:28--- this is my blood, bleed for the remission of sins.
that led me to a different scripture in the bible in Exodus:
Exodus 24:3-8---Christ had to bleed for our sins has a symbol for sacrifice, because in the law of Moses the people had to do blood sacrifices to receive forgiveness. they had to do that because Jehovah made that convent with them.
then in Hebrews 9:15-22 it teaches us and says " with out bleeding of blood there is no remission of sins." I know that Christ lives and that he paid for my sins and all the sins of the world and I would do anything for him to show him how much I love him. That is my testimony!

Love you all!  Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails