Monday, August 30, 2010

week ending 8.29.10

Hey everyone,


Well this week I hit the one year mark in the mission and it was lame and hard. But my companion made me a little surprise and put stuff on my bed like you can see in the photos.

He is a great companion helping me remember that I am half way done. I think my family is more excited than me, because I don't want it to end. haha.

I'll tell you about something that happened to me and something that I learned this morning:
I have been having a hard time lately and I have found out why. I am reading in 1 Nephi 8 where it talks about the iron rod. I have followed the rod to the fruit and now I am ashamed.  (1 Nephi 8:25).
like what it says in the Bible;
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth.....
2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord,....
We shouldn't be ashamed of our testimonies and the gospel of Christ. I think I am ashamed because I love the world more at this time. So I need to forget the world and not be ashamed.
There is some strong quest in Mormon 8:38 .....Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies--because of the praise of the world? The one that hit me the most was ...because of the praise of the world.  Man that's me.  I have been searching for the praise of the world. That will only take me to an endless misery - so something needs to change.

There is a lot more to my study about this topic and man, I learned so much that I need to learn to love the fruit and not be ashamed of what I believe and stand up strong against the world. I love the gospel - it's changing me so much.  I am becoming a new person every day.

So I have a testimony that we need to build our testimonies upon the rock, (Christ) and when we do that - when the devil comes to get us we will be ready for the attack. Thanks for supporting me for this year and all the prayers that you have sent my way. Now if you could keep Leti and Guillarmine in your prayers it would be great - thanks!
love you all.
Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails