Monday, July 19, 2010

week ending 7.18.10

Hey everyone,
 
This week was great, I have been growing so much. I have learned that I am in one of the biggest tests of my life, I have a lot of responsibility and I haven't been really used to having so much to worry about. But this is teaching me so much to get me ready for the life after the mission. And I have realized that I am getting converted to the gospel still, I have a strong testimony but I am missing something and I have been doing the small things that we need to do to find and fill those things that we are missing.
 
First, we need to read the scriptures everyday and apply them to our lives.
Second, we need to pray everyday and ask for help and follow what the spirit tells us to do.
Third, meditate what we have read and learned and pray again.
Fourth, go to church every Sunday, not only to go but with a question or a doubt that we might have and search for the answer.
 
I know if we can do these 4 small things we can have the help of the Holy Ghost in our lives so much stronger and we will know what we need to do. I have a scripture for you all, 1 Nephi 17:13:
"And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led."
 
I love this scripture, it has been a helping hand for me in the hard times. I know that the Savior is our light and he has made a path for us, we just need to follow what he wants us to do and we will be lead by him. I know this is the true church on the earth and that Christ lives and has his Prophet Thomas Monson to help us in the hard times. I love this Gospel, it has changed my life and it's still changing.
 
Thanks for all the help everyone and for your prayers. Have a good week.
 
Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails