Monday, May 17, 2010

week ending 5.17.10

Hi everyone,

Well this week has been a cold one. On Friday it started to rain at like 6 in the morning and didn't stop until 6 in the morning Saturday. Friday was a fun day to work. Check out my photo of all my stuff that I put on to go out and work. Lets just say I was really warm the whole day even though it rained the whole day. We started off this gloomy day with some service for a lady in our ward. She has a palm tree in her yard and she wanted to trim it up a little, like take off all the dead parts. Well we got there and thankfully it stopped raining for 2 hours so we could do service. This palm tree isn't very short, so we climbed a ladder to cut the old leaves. We had a old shacky ladder and a pair of old cutter things, they worked really well. lol. I don't think I have or ever will trim up a palm tree again in the way we did it. But we couldn't get high enough to cut all the leaves off so she is going to ask for a better ladder that is taller. So we are going to finish up what we started, and the next time I will remember my camera. Well we did all that in 1 hour so we had another hour, we asked what else she needed and she needed help cleaning out her gutters. So Elder Ojeda got up there and started to pull out mud, and it was really gross mud. I was laughing and then I got up there and I wasn't laughing anymore. Her gutter is lop sided so I took a hammer and a screw driver and punched a hole in the lower side so the water could drain. Man, service is some good times. After that it started to rain and the day was a really good day for us.

I have learned something really important in my life this week. I learned why I am obedient. I don't do it because someone told me to do it, or because I am going to baptize more people. I do it because I love my Heavenly Father and I love my brother Jesus Christ, if I do it because I love them I will be blessed with the things they want done. well that is what I learned this week that helped me a lot.

I love you all and I hope your week goes good.

love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails