Monday, January 25, 2010

week ending 1.24.10

Hey everyone,

This week was a little different and a little harder, because of the changes. It took this week to get used to my new companion and how he taught. But now we are ready to do some work and baptize the people of San Felipe.

Yesterday I went on changes with another elder and a member and we were on bikes, that really sucked. I haven't ridden a bike for so long and it kicked my butt. And on top of that my back tire went flat and it was so hot. But I felt like a missionary. I was laughing the whole time, and thinking what am I doing. But I am having a great time.


This week we have been working really hard with a lady named Luisa, she is about 50 years old. And when Elder Davies and I found her she was so sad and depressed. She cried for the first 6 lessons I think. But now she is so happy and has so much energy. We are working with her smoking, she made her own goal to stop by this week so she can get baptized this week. I hope she can stop, so please pray for her. Thanks. A story with her, after a lesson I said the prayer. And she loves it when I say the prayer, she makes us stay for like 4 more minutes so she can tell us how she loves us. And when we were leaving she shook my hand and then kissed it. I was like what are you doing in my mind but had a smile. I felt a little weird - not going to lie. lol.

Man the mission is great. Where else will you have happy, fun, crazy(good and bad), and scary stuff happen to you. Well, I will talk to all of you next week!! Take care and laugh and love life.

love you all,
Elder Christensen
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails