Monday, August 9, 2010

week ending 8.8.10

Hey everyone,
Well this week has been a good week, I have learned a lot about myself. I was talking to my companion this morning and I am sure of it now, I am sure that I am sensitive and that's just how I am. And I don't care what people say, I am going to be the nice guy. Even though the world puts in our minds "nice guys finish last" we will see who finish last after this life haha. Sorry that was bad. =)  But I was trying to understand how I can be a strong person without being mean or hurtful and I think I found it or maybe not. haha. I have been searching for this answer for a long time now and I keep finding little things here and there, but I will find it.
This Sunday the family we have been teaching went to church and they liked it.  So that was the highlight of my week even though we missed the sacrament because we went to their house to walk with them but they decided to be slow, so I was like, "oh no, let's go." But I was just being nice and telling them you have a little bit more time. Next week I will get them to church on time. Make sure you put them in your prayers please. (Cristian, Carolina, Janaby.)
I was reading in the Book of Mormon and I came along a scripture that made me think and troubled me. It was in, 2 Nephi 6:14
 "And behold, according to the words of the prophet, the Messiah (Christ) will set himself again the second time to recover them; wherefore, He will manifest himself unto them in power and great glory, unto the destruction of their enemies, when that day cometh when they shall believe in Him; and none will He destroy that believe in Him."
I was thinking what does it mean "to believe in him." Because everyone says that they believe in Christ so does that mean all will be saved? Now you can see the predicament I was in this morning. haha. So I went to something that's called the study guide (or see D&C 20:29) that's in the Spanish scriptures and I read about "believe" and it brought up 2 things that stuck out to me. "Faith and Repentance" so I was like how can I put those with believing, well lets see how I did. haha.
•Faith- a part that talks about the true faith and what happens when people have faith and when they don't. When people have faith they repent and do good for others and do the things that Christ and God ask them to do. When people don't have faith they fall in to iniquity (Moroni 10:22). But what is faith? Well, if we read Ether 12:6 it teaches us what is faith and how we gain it. That faith is things that we can't see, and we gain it after our tests. And if you can prove that wrong, your good. But good luck.
•Repentance- to repent is a change of heart and of how we think. But a "true repentance is born for the love of the Lord and the true desire to obey the Lords Comandments" (study guide in Spanish pg. 20)
in Alma 42: 16 teaches us that we will not repent of our sins until we get punished, it's true no one will repent until they feel bad or someone tells them that, that is bad.
In 2 Nephi 9:22 we learn that if we become like little kids and repent, Christ will let us in, so we need to be humble and become like little kids.
In Moroni 6:8 tells us that God will forgive us every time we repent so we can repent every second and we will be forgiven. It's cool! haha.
So that's what I learned and I know what I learned is the truth and I am going to study this more because I don't feel happy with my answer. haha. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church on the earth. It has been a battle for me to get that testimony, but I got it and I will never lose it.
And for my sickness last week, I had a cold or something like that. But it lasted for a day or 2 and now I am good and lovin' life. haha.
Love you all and thanks for your time and prayers.
Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails