Monday, April 5, 2010

week ending 4.4.10

Hey everyone,

Well, everyone has been asking about Easter and how it's celebrated down here. As far as I know they don't do a lot. They hide some eggs and that's about it. It's not that big here I don't think, but there were great feelings still.

Okay this weekend was amazing!! I love Conference! I learned so much this weekend, and I enjoyed so many of the talks. I forgot my notes that I wanted to share with you so I am going to try and remember some of them. One of the quotes I loved was, "If you give a man a fish it will feed him for a meal, but if you teach a man how to fish you feed him for a lifetime." I loved that. It made me think of the Lord and when he called his apostles that were fishermen, he told them follow me and I will make you fishers of men. He taught them what they needed to know so they could feed for a life time and so they could share it with everyone. That's how I feel, that I have been taught something amazing that will help me forever and now I am sharing it will others so they can be feed forever by the word of God. I never really looked at my mission like that until I heard that, it makes me feel honored to be sharing this message.


Another thing I picked up and I bet most of you did was the topic of mothers. I loved it. It made me think of my mom and what an example she has been to me. She is always looking for a way to give or help. And I have her to thank for a lot of my goodness. lol. Thanks mom. And when I was taking notes I saw Elder Stark's notes and it made me think again, (I know a lot of you are like, what is Elder Christensen thinking? I'm sure that happens a lot now.) But I took note that I need to find a good girl, a good wife, but most of all a good mother. Because I learned the importance of mothers and how they can help their kids grow up with a strong faith in the Lord.

A lot of people asked if there was a video of the cactus. No. And I hiked half way down the mountain until I found the spikes and got them out. After that, the pain went away pretty fast. But it was fun. I won't ever forget it.

We will be having a baptism this week. Her name is Marcela. She is 16 years old and she has been going to church for 2 years now but her Grandparents wouldn't let her get baptized. We never knew why but it doesn't matter now because she had her dad sign the paper and she is getting ready for her baptism. So please pray for her that all goes well this week and Sunday. That would be amazing. Thanks for your prayers.

Thank you all - for everything.

love, Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails